Blogger Hack: Web2.0 Menu
Did you notice the dynamic menu on left hand side? It keeps sliding up and down according to scroll. It is called web 2.0 menu. You must have noticed that sometimes your visitors generally don't visit the links that you want them to visit. You would probably have changed the location of the important widget so that it get click. But, as usual very few links are getting clicked on. Reason is simple, human beings are reluctant to do what they are asked to do;-) . I recollect a sentence of one of the lesson I had learned in seventh or eighth grade. Lesson was about advertising and phrase was 'Bombardment of Advertisement must not be sporadic, it should be continuous'. To put in nutshell, your ad should strike people's eyes continuously and everywhere.
In bloggers' case, links are most likely to be visited if it move incessantly wherever the eyes of your visitors rolls. This hack is useful in that sense. Hack is very simple. Follow the below steps.
1) Login to your blogger.com account. Got to Layout >> Edit HTML.
2) Copy and pate the below code before </head> tag.
3) Download this zip file.
4) Extract the files. Open ssmItems.js (Right click on the file >> Open with >> Notepad)
5) Change the urls and anchor texts with yours as shown in image.
6) upload the file to your pages.google.com account.
7) paste the below code just above the </head> tag (don't forget to change script url with yours)
Thats it, you are done. Enjoy the hack.